- My husband and I have always been surprised, that for a city with so many Jews, Winnipeg does not have good bagels. He has decided to take matters into his own hands and made a pretty decent first batch of Montreal-style bagels.
- I leave for Morocco in 12 days! I’m so excited to get out of the country and experience a place totally different from home. Wishing I could look forward to a travel experience like this one.
- Just finished Ann Patchett’s book State of Wonder and love love loved it.
- Before I leave, I need to remember to vote. It’s exciting that we will be getting a new mayor soon, I just hope we get a good one.
- The husband and I were super excited that The Tallest Poppy was going to re-open in a new space in West Broadway and tried it out as soon as we could. Unfortunately, it was sort of mediocre. The space is awkward, and the meal was just so-so. I’ll give it a few months before going back and hope that they get their shit sorted out.
- I’m excited that a new music venue, The Good Will, is opening soon. There hasn’t been a good, small venue since the Lo Pub closed down and I have high hopes for this one.