Here’s what I got in my last and final Birchbox:
- Harvey Prince Hello Shampoo and Conditioner. I haven’t tried these yet, but they have that same strong cologne-y scent that the hand lotion from the December box had. I’m sure they’ll work fine; I’ve never been wowed by a shampoo and conditioner.
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain – Heartthrob. I’ve been searching for the perfect red lip colour for my fair yellow-undertoned skin, and I think this might be it. It’s a gorgeous tomatoey colour in a really comfortable formula. It’s a bit sheer, but can be built up quite easily. Doesn’t really stain the lips, but lasts a good amount of time if you’re not eating or drinking.
- theBalm cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer. A beautiful pink highlight in the cutest packaging.
- derma e Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub. Haven’t used this yet as I’m still using the scrub from the December box, but I’m sure it’ll be just another facial scrub.
Overall thoughts on Birchbox
It was fun getting a little surprise in the mail every month, but subscription services like this are to try new products and brands and in only three months, there was a lot of duplicates. In three boxes I got:
- 2 hand creams
- 2 facial scrubs
- 2 lip tints (and 1 lipstick)
- 3 products from Harvey Prince
- 2 products from theBalm
- 2 products from Cynthia Rowley
This just isn’t enough variety. I will not be continuing my subscription.